2017 Update: SitterCity Military Pricing
Unfortunately, SitterCity no longer offers FREE membership to Military families, but the child care resource site offers a substantial discount from their regular service for military families.
Head to their website to find out the latest pricing information.
Navy families can often find it difficult to find the right caregiver after a recent permanent change of station (PCS) or after moving into or out of base housing. Thankfully, the DOD has responded by partnering with Sittercity.com to provide a free membership to military families. This will cost you nothing but time to find the right fit for your Navy family.
Looking for a Babysitter or Tutor for your Navy Family?
Sittercity is an online source for in-home child care including a baby sitter or nanny, pet care, senior care, housekeeping and tutoring for your Military Family. The Department of Defense provides military families access to the Sittercity website at no cost.
Sittercity can help you find…
- Babysitters – for after-school, school vacations, extended work hours, special needs children, and last minute care needs
- Nannies – for full and part time, infant and young child care
- Certified Navy/Marine Corps CDH / FCC care providers – among the finest-trained members of the Navy and Marine Corps family are the Navy’s Child Development Home (CDH) and the Marine Corps’ Family Child Care (FCC) providers, who guard and care for the nation’s most precious resource — our children.
- Care providers with authorized access to military installations and bases
- Senior care givers
- Pet sitters
If you’re looking for a tutor, you may also want to check out Tutor.com/military
for a free membership to that site too!
Provided as part of the Sittercity benefit, you receive:
- Complete background checks
- Access to references
- Caregiver profiles
- Reviews from other military parents
To activate your free membership go to: sittercity.com/dod
Sources: (militaryonesource.mil; sittercity.com/dod; tutor.com/military)